A Day Off Turns Into a Marathon Hike
Monday, May 30, 2005
I went for a long walk yesterday on my day off to get out of the craziness of the city. I ended up hiking briskly for about 6 hours - out of San Francisco, across the Golden Gate Bridge, and across some moutains in the Marin Headlands to get to the ocean. I found a great cove, "South Rodeo Beach," where I was able to sit and think and recharge a bit. My legs were so sore after the unexpected length of the trek that I had to hitchhike to get back to the city and catch a bus home before they shut down for the night. It was an adventure to say in the least, but I waded in the ocean and got to watch crashing waves, so it was worth it!
Posted by Benjamin Washam 1:22 AM
Labels: San Francisco
2 Comments:
-
- Anonymous said...
2:35 AMhameen! what a beautiful photo. i am getting impatient to travel--but i'm not done here yet. church of the sojourners sounds amazing; i'm so glad you're getting to do this. tell san fran that it won't be long till i'm there. i've gotta work early tomorrow and i've got a sick seymour to take care of. lovelove, h.- Anonymous said...
12:41 AMBenjamin! That picture just takes me back to when we all went to San Francisco freshman year. And now you are there again and doing such an amazing thing. I hope this time is even better for you. I am very encouraged by what you write...keep it up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

