Finally!
Thursday, June 16, 2005
I know it's taken me a while to post an I apologize; I have been in the crazy preparation stages for the annual InnerCHANGE (IC) conference where I am serving as the head technology/sound/multimedia/powerpoint/photographer/
videographer/computer/recording guy. I am sitting in the dining hall at the retreat center about 10 miles south of Yosemite National Park where the conference is being held. I am completely exhausted after an entire day of setup and testing and troubleshooting the equipment for the week.
This year the conference is focusing on the Prophetic, one of three currents that define the Order of InnerCHANGE (the Missionary, the Prophetic, and the Contemplative). To learn more about what these currents mean, I highly recommend checking out the IC website linked to the right. People from all of the IC cities around the world are here, as well as many guests from other ministries who share a simliar passion. I am very excited for what God will do and what I will learn from these "prophets," mostly obscure in the eyes of the world who are trying to live out and speak out against injustice and oppression.
John Hayes (the founder of InnerCHANGE) asked a good question tonight that I am still thinking about, and I think you might like to as well: as in the parable of the good samaritan, what does it mean for us to get off our donkey? How can we posture ourselves in a way to meet the poor and broken where they are? It seems much of the mission work I have done in the past has been from a very privaledged position - what would it look like to give up some of that? More to come on this....
Posted by Benjamin Washam 12:54 AM
Labels: San Francisco
