It's Been 1 Month and 2 Days Since I Last Wrote You

Excuse #1: My computer died, then was resurrected, but now the information super-highway portal will not work on it.

Excuse #2 : In the last month and two days, nothing has happened.

Excuse #3: I am lazy.

All three of the above excuses are true, but they move from objective to subjective, the way conversations with myself often do. I have discovered that, for me, writing generally moves from the subjective to the objective, while thinking moves in the opposite direction. Writing moves toward concrete axioms or lucid questions, while my mind, freed from the structure of lines and planes, moves toward the abstract and theoretical. I attribute this to my successful training in essay writing and my failed attempt at subjective thought patterns. As I am "writing" this, I inevitably come to a rational conclusion - I should start journaling more to clear my mind and find direction.

Posted by Benjamin Washam 10:29 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment