Last days in SF
Thursday, July 28, 2005
As I write this I have only 48 hours left in San Francisco for my summer internship. Saturday morning I will fly out to Denver to see a friend and then participate in a closing/debriefing time with other InnerCHANGE interns in Denver Monday through Wednesday. Wednesday night, I will be back at Wheaton to start my life as an Assistant Residence Director!
It has been difficult to spend the last week doing everything for the "last time." Wednesday night dinner with the homeless last night was especially hard; I've made some very good friends that didn't want me to leave. The last week since returning from my retreat at the monastary has been very difficult emotionally for a number of reasons, and this is why I haven't yet posted a summary of my retreat, but it will be coming soon.
Please pray for my last days that I would finish well and be able to get some semblance of closure with the many wonderful relationships I have started here. To tell you the truth, it is much more like leaving home and extended family than a summer internship. I thank you all for your prayers and words of wisdom and gifts that have made this incredible summer possible. My only hope is that you have benefitted from the experiences I've shared and have responded to God calling you to follow Him in your own way.
Posted by Benjamin Washam 10:16 AM
Labels: San Francisco
