Back In Wheaton!
Saturday, August 13, 2005
I've arrived safely to school and just returned from a week retreat in the North Woods of Wisconsin with my RA staff for the year. I am excited to serve them and encourage them in their ministry to their floors of underclassment.
Something I have been recently excited about and led to pursue is the ideas stated in the book "The Master Plan of Evangelism" by Robert Coleman. It might be called the "master's plan of evangelism" because it explains the lifestyle of Jesus as evangelism through discipleship, focusing his attention and teaching on His twelve disciples. I have felt God calling me to step out this year and start to give and lead in this way. For most of my life I have always wanted to follow, listen, defer, and wait. While keeping this same attitude, I feel God has been working in my life to prepare me to now act, lead, speak out, and challenge.
One of the ways I hope to pursue this over this school year is to start discipling some younger men. This is not something I can really recruit for, so I have decided to pray in faith that God would bring men to approach me who have see what God has been doing in my life and want to ask for some form of a discipling relationship. Please pray that if this is God's will for me He would bring these guy(s) into my life.
Posted by Benjamin Washam 10:47 PM
Labels: Wheaton

,
call
me
!
-
your
oldest
bro
i've been reading your blog, glad to hear you are excited about the year....hope you enjoy WCF....to bad we didnt get to see you in denver....but maybe in september, Mariah and I will be in town for about a week, the first week of september.
we fly out of cole on wednesday....its sad, but were ready for whats next.
well...talk to you later...
paul