Story Time
Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Here are some short anecdotes about some friends I've met at the Wednesday night dinner at First Baptist Church. To read the background story, see the post from May 21 near the bottom of this page.
Jerry: an older-middle aged man, soft-spoken, hard of hearing, loves baseball, and asks me everytime he sees me how I'm enjoying San Francisco. He was the first homeless person I got to know. He's living on the streets of San Francisco until his pension kicks in next year.
Hilton: middle aged african-american man, clean cut, always reading a John Grisham book. Everytime I talk with him I am convinced I've met him before, or he reminds me of someone else I cannot remember.
Robert: tonight he told me an epic tale of intervening in a fight between his dad and uncle where he ended up saving his father's share of their inheritance - a closet full of hunting rifles. He comes to the Wednesday night dinner to see some of his homeless friends. He has a residence, but comes anyway to hang out with people and get a good meal. He told me about a race happening later this month with people swimming from Alcatraz Island to the mainland. Alcatraz Invitational Site
Posted by Benjamin Washam 11:07 PM
Labels: San Francisco
1 Comment:
-
- Anonymous said...
9:13 AMMan, it's exciting to see how quickly God has moved in your heart and opened up the Casa San Dimas opportunity. Let us know if the full-time work there works out. How can we pray for you?
