They Finally Got Me On The Grid....

A good friend of mine, Jon Felton, (see Previous Post "My First Recording Contract") has as one of his life motto's to "stay off the grid" as much as possible; basically, to live as simply, organically, self-sufficiently, and as unreliant on the economy "system" as he can. It is a not-so-subtle, mindful attempt to avoid being influenced by the powers that be and staying under the radar of the world. Examples of this lifestyle are refraining from television or internet or credit/debit cards, not having a cell phone, being a vegetarian, driving a vegetable oil powered car, making your own music, buying only used clothes, etc, etc, etc. I was a most avid follower in at least two ways, television and cell phones, as any of you who know me at all can confirm.

I write this as a confession that I have joined the grid. I now own a personal cellular telephone. The government can now track me, my communication patterns are monitored by a multi-national corporation, and I can't hide from people as well any more. I know, I know; some of you are gasping in shock and horror, others are shaking their heads with a smirk, saying "I knew ol' fashioned Benjamin would come around!" With the amount of traveling and moving around I will be doing in the next years, and my need for a permanent number for, say, job interview call backs, I figured it was right. And now I can call all my college friends who are all over the country/world.

No, I still won't post my number publicly on the web, but you can e-mail me anytime and if I like you I will send you my cell number.

Posted by Benjamin Washam 12:38 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment