ATTACK OF THE AGENCIES!!!! or, I Still Need A Kitchen Table
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
I've been in Minneapolis 4 days now, and I feel like I've already met 3000 people in the semi-underground Christian ministry/aid/relief/outreach/community develpoment network. There are more non-profit, federal beaurea, government funding, community center and religous "service" agencies in this neighborhood than I can remember. I am very grateful to them for the incredible resources they offer this neighborhood, but I am also thankful that an order like InnerCHANGE is also here - to walk street-level among these people as they navigate their way through agencies and programs and life.
Right now I'm still hovering it seems - being hosted by a local Christian couple until I am able to land. I have been blessed by being warmly welcomed into the family of faith here by people who hardly know me, but are opening up their lives to me. This is what I am experiencing, and this is what I want to offer to my neighbors here - not a tract, nor a finger to the nearest agency, but a life poured out and an open invitation to them to enter into it. This is where charity moves from the soup kitchen to the kitchen table at home.
And I am in need of a kitchen table and a home.
Please pray that I would find an apartment or a room in a house to live in - preferably cheap acomodations with a room/house-mate to keep me company, and in a location where God would allow many fruitful interactions with Ojibwe Native American neighbors. (This is the tribe we hope to start a gathering of believers in, aka "churchplant") Secondly, I am in search of a part-time job that will help my validity in the neighborhood, give me more contacts, and allow me to eat.
Lord, I believe; now help my unbelief.
Posted by Benjamin Washam 12:05 AM
Labels: Minneapolis
2 Comments:
-
- Anonymous said...
9:25 AMBenjamin--Welcome to the wonderfully stretching world of depending more completely on our Father. I will be praying for you, that you would continually be amazed at how your needs are provided. --Rachel- Mike and Sarah said...
6:00 PMHey Benjamin, I'm slightly (ok more than slightly) jealous of the path God's bringing you on right now.... I'll be praying for you.
