Retracing My Steps/Tire Tracks
Friday, October 06, 2006
As many of you know, I road tripped back to Yakima, WA from Chicago last May after graduation. (You can read about this previous trip by visiting the "May 2006 Archives" link on the right side of this page.) That was an incredible adventure where I met many new friends that I guessed I would probably never see again.
But, as things go, I found myself retracing the same exact road only four months later, with all my worldy possessions still packed in the back of my Jeep. My last trip was one of sorrow as I left my Wheaton experience behind and went home to the familiar hometown. This time, I am filled with excitement and expectation as I head off for a brand new start, in a city and among a people I know little to nothing about - the Phillips of Minneapolis.
I stayed with the exact same people as last time, revisiting the Lockie's in Bozeman, MT and meeting up again with my friend Lili (who showed me the town last time I was there); and seeing Charlie again in Rapid City, SD (Where, again, he took my jeep into his shop and fixed whatever he could find wrong with it, this time re-welding my driver side door back on!).
Late last night I made it into Minneapolis and was directed to the hospitality of Dan and Lucy Olsen's place where I slept well. More to come soon!
Posted by Benjamin Washam 12:42 PM
Labels: Minneapolis

michael
I am glad to hear you car is still holding out. I'm trying to find somewhere to get rid of mine because I am buying the Bos's old Jimmy. It has less miles, is five years newer, and everything work. Whereas mine needs brake work and almost everything is broken. I just replaced the front brakes and rotors, myself, thursday so that I could take some friends up to Ashland. I got to see 'The Importance of Being Earnest' for my troubles. I liked it. I really like watching plays. I'm going home in a week to get the Jimmy and going to stop by my former roommates on the way back down. I haven't seen him since I graduated in the spring. Will you get to be home for Christmas? In which case I will try to be home while you are so that we can touch base. I am excited to hear what God does in and through you in this next stage of life. God Bless
Nathaniel C. Eells
i'm glad you are live and safe!
it was great to see you again.
looking forward to more stories in the ever new life of benjamin.
your friend,
claire