How To Bankrupt A Missionary, Or, How To Build The Kingdom of God

As I was contemplating what I should share tonight on my blog, I had the shocking realization that I had unwittingly asked all of my prayer and financial supporters for my life in Minneapolis with InnerCHANGE to refer to this same blog for updates - the same blog that I post sometimes personal, sometimes edgy, sometimes controversial ideas, even if I don't own them 100% yet.

If I were "smart" I would have started a new blog entitled Benjamin in Minneapolis or something like that where I could post polished, successful, moderate stories and pictures. But that is not my life, and that is not the life of the church among the poor.

For that reason, I chose to use the blog format and include all of you. What you see is what you get, becuase that is the only way to enter a foreign culture group - with humble genuinness. My hope is that this sometimes daily, sometimes uncomfortable, sometimes vulnerable blog sharing will in some way be a prophetic statement about what I want my life of mission here in Phillips to look like, and what I hope the people of Jesus all over the world will become. This kingdom venture we have embarked on is a journey into community and humility by transparency. The same respect I would give to my neighbors here I want to offer you, as my friends and partners along the way.

So here's to news straight from the horse's mouth - the good, the bad, and the ugly of life ministry among the marginalized.

Posted by Benjamin Washam 10:55 PM  

1 Comment:

  1. claire said...
    i don't consider you a horse, but i'm glad to hear it straight from the mouth. i think there is somthing really right about that. deeply so. glad you are still well.

Post a Comment