Walking On Water, or Barefoot Waterskiing

Doing church-planting in a new culture is a bit like barefoot waterskiing - it requires faith. There are many other similarities:

Seeing someone else do it, you say "I could never do that;" you get bruised and beat-up the first couple times you try; most people never try; it takes a good instructor; without help you would drown; you often almost drown even with help; but when you get up...ooooooohhhhhhh man!!!!!

This picture from waterski camp this summer is a sort of inspiration for me - if I can stand on water, God can totally plant a house church in Phillips with Native Americans.

Posted by Benjamin Washam 12:13 AM  

2 Comments:

  1. Nathanael said...
    You totally just pasted your face onto a stock picture of a barefoot waterskier. No way that's you. Totally different body type. I can see the blur effect around the head to try to cover it up. You can't get past me, bro!
    Benjamin Washam said...
    You're just jealous, that's all. :-p

Post a Comment