A House!

I'm now on week three since arriving in Minneapolis, and after waiting, looking, praying, and networking, I found the perfect house with a room for rent! 2634 14th Avenue S. Minneapolis, MN will be my address for the next year starting November 1st. Thank you to those who have been praying for this specific request; this came at just the right time. This is probably the only open room in this whole part of the neighborhood that I could afford - and it is only blocks away from my other team-mates!

I will be living in a three bedroom flat on the second floor of the house with two other Christian guys. I found the house through Urban Homeworks, a group that works to offer affordable, dignified housing for low-income families. I've been told that the family that lives on the ground floor beneath us is Venezuelan - a Christian pastor who fled the country with his family. Funny thing, because I lived in Venezuela for two years.... Please pray that my first interactions with them upon moving in next week will be positive and that they will be open to friendship.

Posted by Benjamin Washam 9:20 PM  

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Dear Benjamin,
    It is wonderful to hear your updates. I'm thinking about starting one of these myself. It's so amazing the ways that the Lord provides. A house, with roommates and a Venezuelan family of all things. I have a possible job opportunity that I am pursuing. It involves working with youth alcoholics and drug addicts. Their rehab program includes week long backpacking trips once a month for each student, potentially twice a month as a leader. The job would include living with them three days out of every week that we aren't backpacking. It seems like the ideal job for a single male such as myself. Definitely in the direction I'm interested in pursuing. God bless.
    PS if I start a blog I will leave you the address.
    Nathanael said...
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Chelleboogie said...
    You are hilarious with your picture! It's exciting to see how the Lord is meeting your needs. ;)
    Mike and Sarah said...
    Hey Benjamin,
    That's really cool to hear about the house. Hope everything works out well. I've been enjoying the "listen to songs I wrote" part of your blog, now I can listen to Valentine everynight before bed......oh joy.....the OTHER songs though are quite good....

Post a Comment