A Job, Yes, But Is It On The Mark?

That's right, I got a job at Target! You can find me working part-time in the electronics section, making the most of the Media Studies concentration from my Communication major.

Many people outside of the neighborhood refer to my store as "Tar-ghetto" because it is an older looking store and is located in an area of town on the edge of Phillips Neighborhood with a high percentage of minorities and historically higher crime rates than most other stores. On the other hand, most people who work there and shop there call it "home."

Thank you to all of you who prayed that I would find a job. After I applied at the in-store kiosk, they literally wouldn't let me leave the store without doing two interviews right on the spot, after which they offered me the position! This job is only seasonal, so I don't know if this is where I will be for the long haul this year. Please pray that God would give me wisdom in deciding whether or not to stay here after the holidays, and whether or not I should attempt coming home for Christmas if it means quitting the job. The team I work with at the store is fantastic - pray that God would open up doors of opportunity for the presence of Christ in my life to affect others as I work.

Posted by Benjamin Washam 10:34 PM  

1 Comment:

  1. Mark said...
    Hey, praise God! It's in your neighborhood and everything. We're registered at good ol' Target, too :)

Post a Comment