Silence is Golden, Especially if that Silence Reaches My Mind
Thursday, January 11, 2007
I've been looking forward to my team's contemplative spiritual retreat for a long time and it has finally arrived! Today I leave for Pacem In Terris (peace on earth) in St. Francis, MN. I will be away for a four day period of silence, listening, reading, resting, praying, music making, and simply BEING with the Lord in a one room hermitage out in the woods. Sounds like torture to some, and in some ways, at least for the everyday thought patterns in my mind, it will be torture, even unto death. I am praying for a renewing of my mind, and continued transformation of my identity from my false self to who I am in Christ.
I've only done this once before, and that was during my InnerCHANGE internship in San Francisco the summer before last. Those three days at New Comaldoli Hermitage in Big Sur gave me just a taste of the joy and refreshment that come out of setting aside time like this for the Lord only. Until Sunday, I will be unavailable for contact.
Posted by Benjamin Washam 10:31 AM
2 Comments:
-
- claire said...
12:56 PMblessings on your time.- Anonymous said...
1:03 PMi too wish blessings on your time, benjamin! Hope to catch up with you soon. --meg
