All In A Day's Walk
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
A few snapshots from my first two days on the job as a meter reader:
-Having a lady call the police on me because she didn't believe I was a meter reader. (The neon reflective vest that says "meter reader" and giant meter reading PDA that looks like a cell phone from 1991 weren't enough to convince her.) And don't worry, I outran the police.
-Seeing numerous pitbulls, bulldogs, german shepherds, and rottweilers, along with a million other dogs out in yards I was supposed to enter - and none of them attatched to my body! Why do people buy these dangerous guard dogs when in the same neighborhood people also leave their garage doors open all day when they're at work????
-Getting stuck in the snow in my Jeep
-Being gone for work from 7:30am to 7pm and realizing most people who commute do this every day....
Posted by Benjamin Washam 8:47 PM
Labels: Meter Reading, Minneapolis
2 Comments:
-
- Mike and Sarah said...
12:15 PMHey Benjamin, at least your first couple of days weren't boring. I like that you're doing the whole reverse commuting thing, from the city to the suburbs. I still can't believe that you're able to do this job in that weather...your a better man than I. And I hope Mary holds up for you, remember to keep her snug and warm....- Nathanael said...
12:56 PMYeah, how are you holding up in this weather?
