Back in God's Country
Sunday, May 20, 2007

One of the reasons I've taken so long to post is that I've been out of internet contact for most of the last two weeks. I finally was able to get home to Washington for a visit with family and my home church. I hadn't been home since August, so it was long overdue!
The first week I went on a backpacking trip with my sister and cousins in the Columbia Gorge National Scenic Area/Mt. Hood Wilderness Area. It was a four day, 42 mile loop starting at sea level on the Columbia River and taking us up to almost 5500 feet. We were blessed with four straight days of blue skies and 70 degree days, an anomoly in that part of Oregon! At one point on Shinadere Mountain I could look north and see Mt. Ranier, Mt. Adams, and Mt. St. Helens in Washington, then turn around and see Mt. Hood, Mt. Jefferson, and the peak of the tallest of the Three Sisters in Oregon. Six Pacific Northwest Volcanoes in one breath - that floored me.
After the trip I headed up to Camp Ghormley to hang out with my family (last picture) for the week and share in my home church about my apprenticeship here in Minneapolis.
To see more backpacking photos, visit here.





Posted by Benjamin Washam 2:18 PM
Labels: Yakima Washington

-Luke