A New Job and Ministry Opportunity!

God has provided a fantastic job at just the right time! Two weeks ago I was really frustrated with the way my meter reading job was going, and started asking God to lead me to a new part time job that would allow me to invest in peoples lives, not just bill them for their electricity use. Soon after, a friend called me from Hope Academy, a Christian K-8 school right in my neighborhood. She told me that a certain 10 year old boy needed a helper to accompany him throughout the school day, and I was their first choice!

Hope Academy is really an amazing school that offers an impressive classical education and a Christian environment. They are sponsored by so many donors, that a family from my neighborhood can pay as little as $50 a month for this!

I basically have the opportunity to do one-on-one discipleship with this boy every school day. I sit next to him in class, go to lunch, recess, art, and gym class with him! I help him stay focused on his work, and when he gets upset or has a meltdown, I am there to take him out on a walk or to the library to continue working.

Praise God for this provision, and for the opportunity for this boy to have a male in his life that will invest in him! Please pray that I would have wisdom and patience with him, and that God would use this relationship to bring healing in his life, and in the life of his (my) classmates. :-)

Posted by Benjamin Washam 1:57 PM  

2 Comments:

  1. threetwentyone said...
    Dude. Rock.
    ldamoff said...
    Awesome opportunity Benjamin! I look forward to hearing how it goes and let me know how i can pray for you.

    love,
    luke

Post a Comment