Hospitality, Church Dating, and Documentary
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Random updates:
A community called Church of the Servant King has graciously offered hospitality to put me up until March 1st.
I'm still looking for work and permanent housing/roommates.
I've started church dating, and have been going steady with one called Mosaic. (Church shopping is such a coarse word when we're talking about making a serious commitment!)
I'll be up at Camp Ghormley this weekend with a possible visit to Yakima Alliance on Sunday.
My friends with InnerCHANGE in San Francisco (I lived/worked with them summer of '05) have put together an excellent 13 minute documentary that chronicles the life of one of their homeless friends, Laura. I met her briefly this last summer and I think her story is extremely valuable for anyone wishing to understand homeless/street culture better. Watch it here on their blog!
Posted by Benjamin Washam 2:23 PM

Sorry I missed you this weekend. I've heard good things about mosaic but haven't been in Portland long enough to check it out yet.
Nathaniel
I have made a few connections in Portland. Not too many churches other than Presbyterian ones... although there may be some sweet stuff happening soon. I do know some folks at the Bridge and some who are connected with Evergreen.
Anyway, send me an email at bettger2@gmail.com or visit my site (www.natebettger.com). We should connect up. I'm interested in how settled you are right now in Portland.
Soon,
Nate
it's been awhile, glad that you're back on the west coast! If you're still looking at different churches, you should consider Athey Creek Christian Fellowship. That's where my sister went in Portland and I still sometimes listen to their sermons online sometimes. Really solid teaching, good music.
Good luck with everything!
Katelyn Knutson