Temporarily Employed

I found work today! I'll temporarily be working for the Muscular Dystrophy Association of Portland, on the phone recruiting volunteers for their annual fund raiser. I figure it's better than telemarketing in a number of ways - I'm not selling or asking for money, and all the participation is going for a good cause - research for the cure and sending local kids with MD to camp this summer. I can live with that for six weeks.

I'm moving out of Church of the Servant King this week, where I've lived my first month here in Portland. I'll be moving into the basement of some new friends until I can find a room to rent (now that I have income!).

These photos were taken from the edge of a bluff about 300 meters down the street from where I'm staying. I look east to Mt. Hood and south to downtown. (For my dear friends in Minnesota: it was a sunny t-shirt day today, at a toasty 62 degrees.)

Next post: all about Mosaic and Evergreen - two Christian communities I'm exploring.

Posted by Benjamin Washam 8:27 PM  

4 Comments:

  1. threetwentyone said...
    Yaaaaay job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    claire said...
    woot!
    Anonymous said...
    Nice Picture of Mount Hood.
    ...Abigail Marie... said...
    Oh good! I did the MD phone stuff last year too.
    Those are some great pix. I seriously can't wait to be out there myself.

Post a Comment