Alaska in Portland

Whenever I tell people I was hired by Alaska Airlines, they often ask, "are you going to be a pilot?" and I have to laugh - do I look like a pilot? I could always pull a Frank Abagnale Jr. if I wanted to. No, I will be a customer service agent at the airport. So if you are flying through Portland on Alaska Airlines, I'll be the guy who checks you in, takes your luggage, or supervises boarding the plane at the gate.

I am very grateful to have this job - it's with a great company, and my workplace is only a mile from my house! Believe it or not, even though my employment resume is pages and pages long, this is my first "real" job, meaning, full-time with benefits. I don't remember the last time I saw a dentist.... The sweetest benefit (besides getting paid at regular intervals) is that I get free unlimited standby flights anywhere! Me, my parents, and my non-existent spouse/domestic partner and kids all fly free! (I'm currently taking offers for hooking up or being adopted.)

Posted by Benjamin Washam 7:32 PM  

6 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I am so thankful to continue hearing of God's blessings, direction and provision in your life...it remains a great source of encouragement as we all watch our prayers for you being answered. Joel Hanks
    Anonymous said...
    1) your blog is lookin pretty classy these days
    2) i didn't ask if you'll be a pilot
    3) i gladly accept your offer of being my parent, child, spouse or domestic partner. free standby flights, here i come!

    thanks for the update, and the promise of matrimonial and/or familial bliss...

    -- megan
    ...Abigail Marie... said...
    I'm glad to hear its going well for you! I've been praying for a sweet job once I arrive there as well. :)
    Mike and Sarah said...
    Hey Benjamin,
    Great to hear you've got a stable job, and with GREAT benifits...now you just need to petition Alaska to fly to England... do they fly to nebraska? that would be sweet too...

    So yeah... I was thinking that since we've already officially co-habitated for 2 years, and although I'm a bit of a slob and like to keep the room too warm.... I can change. So think of me when you're deciding on domsetic partner....By the way- looking Good in that profile pic! ;)
    Unknown said...
    Hey! Isn't the Pacific NW beautiful? :-) I very well may be that direction one day (soon) because my sister is already in Seattle and now my parents are moving out there (leaving me to fend for myself in the forsaken midwest.)
    Sheena Sayre said...
    Hey Ben! it's great to hear your stories! I too finally know what it's like to fully appreciate dental care. :)

Post a Comment