I Got A Car! (a.k.a. Cruze Wit Me)


Remember how my Jeep broke down about 6 weeks ago, and I didn't have any money to buy another vehicle? Well, someone donated their old ride to a Christian organization that knew I needed a car - and they sold it to me for one dollar! (That was at the upper end of my price range.)

I went to check out the vehicle, half expecting an ancient, rusted out Corolla with dog hair everywhere. Instead, I found a snazzy '95 Suzuki Sidekick in full working order (sans speedometer/odometer) with great gas mileage and four-wheel drive!

Thank you to all of you who have been praying that God would provide a car for me! I'll be honest - I had half given up hope and resigned myself to borrowing cars every week for work when I got a phone call out of the blue with this vehicle!

If anyone is near the Twin Cities give me a holla and we can go for a cruise in it (crankin' up the tape deck with Dolby noise reduction and bumpin' it with my 3 1/2 inch paper woofers). No doubt.

Posted by Benjamin Washam 9:40 PM  

8 Comments:

  1. ldamoff said...
    sweet.

    love,
    luke
    Peter said...
    Yay, having a car! That rocks, dude, congrats! Sorry I won't be in the Twin Cities anytime to cruise around in it...
    threetwentyone said...
    And it even has a spare tire on the back! Wooot!

    Dude, that so rocks, and yet, is so expected. God is Good.
    Mike and Sarah said...
    Wow, it looks like you've got a younger version of Mary and in better condition....Let me know when this new ride earns a name for itself.

    God is good!
    Anonymous said...
    its like a mini-mary!
    or mary with a manicure
    mary from the orient...
    i WILL be in the twincities so i'll hollaatcha
    megan said...
    getting a car that looks so much like mary is like breaking up with a girl and dating another girl that looks exactly like her and/or is her sister. player.
    Benjamin Washam said...
    I beg to differ. I always treated her right - she was the one who died on me! So it's really like me becoming a widower and then trying to find a woman that remindes me of her.... :-p
    Chris Griswold said...
    This makes me laugh joyfully. I want to come experience the Dobly Noise Reduction!!

Post a Comment